Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Procrastinate...

I have a friend, an old, old mate,
His name I call "Procrastinate".
A constant companion he's been to-date
Off him, I have not tried to shake.

When I think its time to reflect on my fate,
He'd come with beer and say let's celebrate -
a comfort zone though life's not great,
so much unknown, why the risk to take?

The emotional clutter that makes me irate,
I mean to clear yet Procrastinate,
says it's okay, another day I could wait,
sorting them out just gives me a headache.

My family and friends I mean to communicate,
yet once again, I give in and Procrastinate,
asserting that I am tired and that it's late;.
no hurry now, just fix them up for another date.

What of my dreams, the life I wish to create?
I ponder hard and then, Procrastinate
reminded me of the living I have to make;
back to my couch day-dreaming and I vegetate.

The ill habits I have sometimes I really hate
yet Procrastinate, and I thought they may be innate.
Too much time and effort new habits to generate,
on my current daily chores I have to concentrate.

There are fears in my life I wish to castrate,
limiting beliefs that make me frustrate.
Again Procrastinate, in my ears it said:
"Too much to face up to, lets just go to bed!"

I thought of my health and exercise of late,
"What's wrong with a life that is sedate?"
Now that's Procrastinate; and in a familiar gait
I went about my hectic life with my chummy mate.

And so I stayed trapped in my miserable state
as I choose with my friend to stay - Procrastinate.
Against him I certainly will not litigate
my companion, my soul-mate for a tête-à-tête.

by Vivienne Phua

This is definitively one of my bad habits, one which might prove to be my downfall. Procrastinate, is something that i always had been doing. Time and time again. Alot of times, once i think of something. i always have this urgency/impatience to get what i wanted done, a.s.a.p. As if the things that i needed to do is of the utmost urgency. But somehow, there's ALWAYS something holding back the progress. Be it, the agent for the insurance policy, the risk of trying things out, the weather, or maybe it's just me.

Thinking back, maybe it's just too much to ask things to be efficiently done, the way i would want it to be.